Programme of Admission & Changes there-in
No student should transfer him/herself to a programme other than the one to which he/she was officially admitted to by the Kyambogo University Admissions Board. This is the only University organ that has the mandate to allow any transfers where feasible.
Change of Programme/Year of Entry/Coordinating Centre
Since the selection of candidates for specific programmes or Coordinating Centres is made according to the candidate’s performance and order of programme choices, taking into account the available subject combinations and time-table limitations where applicable, there is normally little need to change programme, year of entry, coordinating centre or subjects.
However, some vacancies may become available when some of the first choice candidates fail to take up the offers. Such places are filled through the Change of Programme exercise. Students who wish to change programmes must follow the procedure below:
- Obtain and complete the Change of Programme Application Form from the Admissions Division (Room 3) upon payment of Sh. 50,000= (Nationals from Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan) or Shs. 75,000= (Other Nationals) into the bank after obtaining a reference number.
- This exercise must be done within the first two weeks from the start of the semester for students at the Main Campus. All Forms should be returned to Admissions Division (Room 3)
- The students who apply to change their programme/ institution must first of all register according to the registration timetable for the programmes on which they were admitted..
- No student shall be allowed to change the Year of Entry. Those who do so without authority shall be deemed to have breached University regulations.
- Only privately sponsored students are eligible for Change of Programme. Government sponsored students are not permitted to change programmes or else they lose the scholarship.
- Written permission to change programme shall be issued by the Academic Registrar.
Change of Subjects
Students in the Faculties of Arts, Education and Science who may wish to change their subject combinations shall complete Change of Subjects Forms within the first two weeks of the semester and return them to Admissions Office, Room 3. A student belongs to the Faculty where he/she takes the major subject e.g. in the case of Mathematics/Geography such a student belongs to the Faculty of Science. No fees are charged for change of subjects combinations.
Change of Study Time
- Students may wish to change Study Time (i.e.to change from private day to Evening or vice versa) for one reason or another. Application forms for such changes are obtained from Admissions Division Office, Room 3 after paying a fee of Sh. 20,000/= in the bank.
- Government sponsored students study only during Day.
- No one is allowed to Change Study time unless officially allowed to do so in writing by the Academic Registrar.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS AN OFFENCE FOR ANY STUDENT TO TRANSFER HIM/HERSELF FROM ONE PROGRAMME, STUDY TIME, COORDINATING CENTRE OR SUBJECT COMBINATION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR. ANY BREACH OF THIS REQUIREMENT MAY LEAD TO SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES, INCLUDING DISCONTINUATION FROM THE UNIVERSITY.